Monday, January 4, 2016

Build a Look For you/ Beauty Faves.

Hello everyone,
Im here today with a makeup look that I have been wearing everyday and I'm really loving it. One thing is very important with this look is the research. I recommend everyone do this because you will figure out what best suits you. Just go on pintrest and research eye shapes and face shapes. Look at yourself in the mirror or ask a friend to figure out what eye/face type you are. And when you figure it out start looking up makeup looks that go best with your features. My face shape is long/round and I have upturned/almond eyes. So I do my makeup centered around that. In this post I'll tell you how I have been applying my makeup around these features.

These are the products I have been using and I honestly would put them on here if they weren't good. And most of them are pretty affordable. The 3 that aren't are the foundation, eyeliner, and bronzer. But they are complete magic and worth the money. And I WILL spend good money on foundation because when you are pale like me it is hard to find a good match on skin tone. So when I find one that fits me, I''ll buy it.

Of course, make sure your skin is moisturized and primed before you start.

I pour my foundation on the back of my hand so it will warm up the foundation,so that it will be easier to apply. The I dampen my Beauty Blender and just start dapping my foundation into my skin, don't swipe, press. Apply all over the face and neck.



Also do a round of under eye concealer, I press it in as well with a brush,my fingers or a beauty blender. Thats why I will always recommend liquid concealer for under the eyes because it is very easy to manipulate.



Eyebrows are so important. Shape them and fill them in. But keep then looking natural. Always remember that they are sisters and not twins, I forgot to put the product in the box above, it is the Loreal Brow Stylist Definer. The comb on the end is a god send. I really dig this brow product.

To bronze/contour I take this fluffy angled brush,and make a fish face to define my nonexistent cheek bones. Lightly swipe it onto my temples,down my nose,my jawline,and neck. Wherever the sun would naturally hit you is where to apply. And under the neck to make sure your head looks like it belongs to your body. Just saying.

I apply blush in the color Light Rose by smiling to see where I would naturally need it. Giving you a natural flush of color. Did I just say flush? Makes me think of.... never mind.

I was watching The Shining on Netflix when I was doing my makeup. And the part where Danny/Tony were screaming REDRUM was on, so this happened. But this part of the tutorial is totally optional. 


Then on to highlighter. I just now started using it and I'm obsessed with using it. And I've been getting lots of complements as well, like " Am I dead, because I've just seen an angel" and "You Glow like a goddess sitting on a mountain of gold". K, nope I didn't get those, but "you're skin looks pretty and has a nice glow" was pretty damn close.I sweep it in a line on my cheek bones for now.


I then move to the eyes. I begin by applying a light brown color to my eyes.



Then take the color tattoo eye shadow and put it only on the outer corner of my eyes. For my almond/upturned eyes it good to focus everything on the outer corner, accentuating my eye shape and bringing out the most of them.  



Then apply liner. I start it where my lashes begin, so I'm not beginning at the very inner corner of my eye. Then take it all the way out. I start layering the eyeliner on the outer corners, again bringing the focus to that part of my eye. So the line is pretty dramatic but only on the outer corners. It is a process so take your time.

Now apply mascara.  Even is I have a full fledged mirror, I still grab a compact to do my lashes. So I can get a good close look to separate every lash and apply it just right.


Then I come back with the highlighter. I put it in the inner corners of my eyes(helps you look more awake and your eyes bigger), brow bone, and the cupids bow on my lips. 

I like applying vaseline to my lips. Its not dehydrating and it gives them a simple gloss.




Hope you liked it!
Have a wonderful week,
kacie.








No comments:

Post a Comment